Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Lessons Learned

So today I got my very first free credit report. I’ve seen my score before but never seen the whole report. Let’s just say I never wanted to see it before because I used to have this problem with shopping. I had no money when I was 18 and shopped out my emotional problems and stress, then when my credit cards were maxed instead of thinking “hey I should pay these off” I just opened new ones, and so on and so forth. Then when I stopped shopping all my money went to the credit cards, so I needed to use them for basic living needs like toilet paper and groceries.

Needless to say, it got out of hand. Fast forward 3 years of credit card usage and abusage and here I am today. I kicked the credit card habit, and no longer use ANY. I am of coarse still paying for my mistakes. Although I am happy to announce when looking at my credit report I do not feel sad, but empowered. I now know that credit cards are evil in the hands of a girl like me. And if I ever forget I have the next 7 years of payments (hopefully less) to remind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment